So..I am not really a "cake decorator". I am working on it, but cake decorating is not as easy as it looks in those youtube videos. So lets just ignore my horrible cake decorating. Look past it because this cake will make your taste buds so happy!
This cake is super easy to make and I didn't have to go shopping for any ingredients, I had them all at home!
Ok so lets get started!
Ingredients:
- 1 Cup unsalted butter
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs or 6 egg whites (egg whites make it fluffier..that is what I used)
- 1 Tbs. Vanilla Extract
- 2 and 1/2 cups cake flour (or regular flower adding 2 Tbs. Cornstarch per cup of flour)
- 4 Tsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Cup milk
Instructions:
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease and lightly flour 2 9-inch pans (or heart shaped like me!).
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. That is about 5 minutes.
- add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Beat in Vanilla Extract
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Add the dry mixture to the butter mixture. Little by little alternating with the milk.
- At this point, you can put in some food coloring if you'd like! I used pink!
- Divide batter evenly between the prepared pans. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pans and cool completely on a wire rack
- At this point, I like to let mine sit in the fridge for atleast an hour because it makes it easier to frost.
- Frost your cake!
**one mistake I made was not taking my elevation into consideration. If you are in high elevation like I am, Look up baking differences. My cake fell in the center as I didn't even think of that and didn't make alterations to it.
Now lets make some buttercream frosting!
Ingredients:
- 4 Cups Powdered sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2-3 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1-2 Tbl. Milk
Instructions:
- In blender, beat your butter.
- When butter begins to smooth, add Vanilla Extract and Milk
- Once blended, slowly add powdered sugar. Add sugar until desired consistency
- add food coloring!
Easy peesy! I hope you enjoy this cake as much as my little munchkin did!
XOXO
Modern Day LDS Wife
No comments:
Post a Comment