OK OK! I only have 1 child, but do you know how hard it is to have a date night with even only 1 child? My husband and I struggle to go on date nights, so I decided to plan one from the comfort of our home! Best part? I even managed to keep it a surprise!
This is by far the easiest date night I have ever planned! All it took, was 1 trip to Target. So here you go, my date night on a budget!
So you are probably wondering how we had a date night with no babysitter....EASY! Put that child to bed! Put them to bed early! I am lucky that I started my sons bedtime at 7pm since he was a baby so he is used to it, if yours isn't, well for date night, they can be! (easier said than done right?!)
But before that happens, Plan during the day! While my husband was at work, I took my little one to Target. I grabbed My husbands favorite soda and my favorite soda. I then grabbed boxes of candy; Some that were his favorite, some that were my favorite, and some that we both liked. Because you know, The person you married for some reason has a different taste in candy! And guess what?! those boxes of candy are only $1 each! SAVINGS!!! So naturally I had to 5 of them, because you know, $1! The last thing you need is a movie! Did you know, Walmart has a $3 bin, a $5 bin, and a $10 bin full of movies that came out within that year? And they even have them in Bluray? Yeah, kind of a big deal! Now, my movie I bought was $15. I bought Top Gun because it is one of my husbands favorite movies and I have never seen it. I have to admit, it was actually pretty good! I think it rates in my top 20! What was also cool about it, is it had an ITunes download in it for free so my husband was able to add it to our growing movie collection, BONUS! You could say he was a very happy man that night! But you don't need the pricey movie, Walmart and Target both have very cheap movies which makes for a cheap date night!
I think I spent about $25 that night and that was only because I got a $15 movie! And even then, way cheaper than a movie theater, especially after paying the babysitter.
Once you have all your goodies, set them up cute and surprise the hubby when he gets home!
After the children are tucked away in bed, throw on your jammies, pop your disk in, and cuddle with your loved one while enjoying an easy date night from home!
XOXO
Modern Day LDS Wife
I would for sure say this is a do again date and I am sure the husband would agree!
No comments:
Post a Comment